Today was one of those days where I really had to force myself to stay motivated. Its funny how I can go days or weeks on end with a peak state of mind then suddenly lose that edge and feel more tired or just a general malaise.
As I was thinking about what to post to my blog, I opened one of a number of journals/notepads I keep on hand from years of self study. I was looking for something to inspire me and sure enough I found it.
I call it a Personal Vision Road map. This is a little exercise I created for myself that takes my mind off of feeling tired, and immediately gets me engaged with a sense of direction and purpose
The idea is simple…
- ULTIMATE VISION — Spend some time dwelling on your ultimate VISION for your life. Your biggest goals and dreams realized AND all reasons WHY these are important to you. Don’t worry about sounding selfish, materialistic or anything else. Just be true to yourself and your vision.
- MAJOR OUTCOMES — List the largest goals that you want to achieve in order to fulfill your vision. These are typically the kind of goals that will take months or years to complete.
- DEADLINES — Deadlines are more short term. They help you take steps towards your outcomes. You set specific deadlines for these so you have something measurable to work on in pursuit of your major outcomes.
- Vision — To be a sought after speaker, coach, expert on human motivation
- Outcomes — Write a best selling book on the topic of human drive, self reliance and motivation.
- Deadlines — 1 deadline could be the due date for a book outline. Another deadline could be the due date for the completion of the book’s first draft.
Hopefully you get the picture.
Try this yourself using the template below. This is something you can revisit a few times a week to stay on track towards your ultimate calling in life…